Thursday 5 January 2012

Illamasqua's 'Powder Blush' in 'Tremble'.



I just about trembled when I got my hands on this (okay sorry for the awful pun).

I had been trying drug-store blushes beforehand (Bourjois and Rimmel) but found that they were pretty crap to be honest. Several things from lack of pigmentation within the product, lack of 'staying power' to few shades all really turned me off, and it was during a fateful trip to Selfridges in Birmingham about a year ago I came across the Illamasqua counter.
Lo and behold, blushes of nearly every shade imaginable...I knew I wanted a good pink, because I tend to get quite hot-pink cheeks when I'm hot inside or dead embarrassed and wanted something to match that colour when not embarrassed so I wouldn't have two different facial colours.
So my beloved boyfriend picked this one out for me (what a gem!), and I have worn it every day since than.

To me 'Tremble' is quite a soft semi-hot-pink colour, although I'm pretty sure they've changed their colouring system, because on the website today 'Tremble' looks a lot lighter than the product I have. Unless I got sold a mis-matched product and box, because the box definitely says 'Tremble' although it more looks like 'Unrequited'. Oh I don't know and don't really care.
Anyway, the colour really suits my skin tone, because as I have said, when I do get flushed, this is the colour I tend to come out in, and I really didn't want to get a blush too different from my natural colouration and end up with two different facial tones. Yucky.
When the blush is applied to cheeks (I normally use and prefer a brush to apply, but you can use a finger), it does look as though you have been out for a walk in the country-side which I love! It gives cheeks a fresh youthful glow, and almost an 'English rose' sort of look on me (I have quite pale skin).
It is a matte powder, and you need the lightest dusting to provide a good coloured cheek. This is because pigmentation of the product is absolutely fantastic, and whereas with drug-store products you had to go back several times in order to achieve the depth of colour you want, one little dusting over your cheeks and you're set for the whole day.
It is long-wearing, and even after my cycle/train-ride/walk into university/day at university, my cheeks are still lovely and pink.
Coverage is also brilliant. A lot of drug-store blushes tended to go really patchy on me about midday, or even on application, but the Illamasqua powder blush gives a consistent coverage and depth of colour all throughout the day.
It's blendability (is that even a word?) is great too, I tend to use a brush to apply, and my fingers to blend, but it does the trick.

Overall, I adore this blush, as you can probably tell, and I vouch to repurchase over and over and over (etc) again. It is expensive, at , but you are paying for a really high-quality, high end product. Also, it lasts for ages (as I said, I've had mine for a year)
I am tempted to get another blush, maybe 'Chased' by Illamasqua again. Or 'Unrequited'. Maybe 'Katie'. In fact, I want them all. I do know that I love Illamasqua's powder blushes, and they are definitely a 'must-have' product.
You will never go back to drug-store brands. I haven't (oh God how cheesy do I want to be?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment