Wednesday 25 January 2012

Rimmel's 'Volume Flash x10 Extreme Black'.

I have said before that the best feature is my eyes/eyelashes. I don't have any other amazing facial features, and they always say to play up what you've got already.

Now, I might not have found my face-cream holy grail yet (still searching...), but I have definitely found my mascara holy grail, being this Rimmel one.
I have tried several other mascaras, some more expensive (Lancome, No7 and Clinique) and others of the same price range (Maybelline, Revlon and some others I can't remember!) but every other purchase seems to be this one...

This is me without any mascara on, yummy.

This is a mascara-free eye compared to a more natural mascara application.

The three pictures above are my lashes with with one coat of the mascara.


This is with three coats on. I don't normally do my eyes like this for work or university, but I like to wear my mascara like this when I'm off out, seeing Craig, or need to impress some people.
It is very dramatic and quite 'in your face', and because I have quite large eyes I can look a bit 'Bambi'. I think it still looks nice, and isn't too fake looking, especially if you keep the rest of your make-up to the minimum.


To me, it really out-performs/performs as well as all the other mascaras I've ever tried. It lengthens my lashes to sometimes eye-watering lengths (if I really want really 'stand-out' eyes, see bottom photos), it provides incredible volume for a 'cheap' mascara, gives curl to my lashes when not curled and holds the curl in the lash amazingly well when I have curled my lashes beforehand.
It also works a treat on my bottom lashes, I just use the end of the wand to stroke my bottom lashes and it gives me nice separation without looking too clumpy and horrid.
Also, it's a serious black colour. Like, epic black-ness. Some mascaras can look a little grey-ish after a long day, but this stays black all day long. It definitely deserves the title 'Extreme Black'!
It also builds up better than any other mascara I've ever had, providing a lovely natural daytime look and then a more dramatic look (have a look at the bottom few photos), without clumping and providing excellent separation. Plus the more dramatic eye doesn't really look awful, like this.
It doesn't flake like some cheap mascaras do, and stays put all day. It isn't waterproof, so it may smudge if you're a little weepy or get caught in the rain, but you can't have the best of both worlds. This makes it dead easy to remove though; some foaming facial wash rubbed into the eyes and ~voila~ it's all gone without a trace and no panda eyes.
I do feel that the first use of the mascara is the worst, it functions better when you've used it a couple of times. It lasts me about a month and performs just as brilliantly until there is no more left in the tube.
And the best bit...it only costs me £5.99 whenever I buy it. Compared to something around the £21 price mark I've paid for other mascaras, it is such a little bargain that is incredible value for money. Plus I tend to go through mascara like nobody's business (once every month) and therefore this mascara is incredible value for money, compared to most other mascaras.

Sometimes, the expensive stuff is better than the more expensive stuff. But not in this case; this little gem of a mascara does everything the 'better brands' do, and 99% of the time does it better. It is just amazingly brilliant and it is definitely my must-have and favourite mascara ever because it's cheap and yet it's just so amazing. I love it and CANNOT live without it.
There is a reason it has been the most consistent make-up purchase since I was about 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment