Friday 13 April 2012

Barry M 'Lip Paint 101 Marshmallow'.



I have been searching high and low in Boots/Superdrug for the 'right lipstick'. By 'the right lipstick', I mean a nudey-pink, which isn't too dark, isn't too pale, isn't too pink, and isn't too white.
All the nude colours I have bought have been far too orange or dark for me and frankly look disgusting on me, and I have bought so many from Boots and Superdrug, and was considering spending lots of dollar on some MAC/Illamasqua purchases in the hunt for my dream lipstick.

I needed a lipstick that would neuter and tone down the natural colour of my lips, because they are horrendously pigmented, and being really fat, podgy lips, I don't want them to really stand out, I want them to blend into the background. And this little gem was the lipstick to do all these!

I can't actually find this specific lipstick on the Barry M website, but have found a seller on Amazon which sells it and a few other shades that seem to have discontinued.

Upon application, I find that this lipstick goes on the lips better if you dab the lipstick onto your lips, I use my finger. If you apply it like a normal lipstick it looks too cakey and not natural, and a bit trampy.
I love the packaging, it doesn't seem like a cheap-end lipstick at all! The little matte outer case makes it look a lot more expensive than it is, and the gold logo on the end just adds to that more luxe feel. I'm a sucker for good packaging, and this really ticks all my boxes!
The lipstick pretty much lasts all day. I'm working 8.15-5-45 in a seriously hectic hospital at the moment, so I don't have time for touch-ups and it's essential that the lipstick stays where it's meant to, which is exactly what this little lipstick gem does!
Now onto the price. It cost me an incredible £4.49, which is exactly 56p more than a Boots 'Meal Deal'. What I'm trying to say is that this lipstick is incredible value for money, and it's a fantastic quality for a cheaper drugstore brand.

So,to conclude, I have found 'the right lipstick', and after being immensely impressed, I want to and need to buy all the Barry M 'Lip Paints', even the green one (or maybe not!).

No comments:

Post a Comment