Sunday 21 October 2012

Elemis 'Papaya Enzyme Peel'.

I had heard so many good things about the 'Papaya Enzyme Peel', from magazines giving it countless accolades, dermatologist/expert recommendations and all-important beauty blogs, so it was only a matter of time before I would actually get my grubby mitts on it.



On the back of my tube, Elemis explains that 'this smooth cream peel contains an exotic cocktail of natural fruit enzymes from African Papaya and Far Eastern Pineapple that helps to gently exfoliate and purify tired or sensitive skin. Enriched with extracts of Bladderwrack, Sunflower, Porphyridium and Vitamin E to help remineralise and condition the skin, whilst providing Anti-Oxidant and free-radical protection'.
Basically, the 'Papaya Enzyme Peel' is a chemical exfoliator which uses fruit acids to do the exfoliating business!

It is alike the Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash in the fact that it took a while for me to actually notice a difference. I'm the sort of person who expects results immediately, and am not patient. But instead of getting grumpy with the lack of results, I kept on using it, and over the period of two months I have noticed that my skin looks more radiant, more smooth and much more refined.
I do think it helps that my skin-care routine is aimed at refining, preventing and correcting, so my skin is generally quite good anyway at the moment, but this is definitely a gem which I couldn't be without.

It comes out of the tube as a cream (which smells so good you almost want to eat it), which you apply onto cleansed skin. You leave it on the skin for approximately 10-15 minutes, and then you remove it with a lukewarm water. Normally, I use mine before bed, and just leave it on the skin until it completely sinks in, and then I'll remove it and get on with the rest of my night-time skincare routine. Or sometimes if I'm being completely lazy I'll leave it on for the whole night. But this leaves my skin looking so bright and amazingly radiant in the morning, so maybe it does pay to be a lazybones!
I love how simple to use this is: just apply a thin layer to cleansed skin, with no massaging, no complicated mixing or whatever, and relax! Plus, it leaves even overly-sensitive (due to Retin-A) skin soft, plumped and dewy without a hot, sore, red face that some face masks can leave me with, making it a great pre-event facial treatment!

The packaging is very simple and wonderfully practical, but I think simplicity can be beautiful, which is definitely the case here. It is in a silver plastic tube, with a silver plastic screw-on lid, with the brand logo on and the necessary information printed on.
The fact that the product is in a plastic tube makes it travel-friendly.

I actually paid £22.08 for my 50ml bottle, compared to a RRP of £28.60. There was some sort of Elemis discount on Feel Unique, so I thought I would take the bait and get this and the Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash for cheaper than normal!
I know it is quite expensive for an exfoliator, and being a poor student I should probably be a bit more sensible (hey, I can live off cheap tins of sardines for another month), but I still think that this product (and several others) has certainly given my skin a very youthful, radiant, more refined appearance, and for this reason (and the reasons above!) I would definitely repurchase, because it's a mask I enjoy using, and most importantly, it produces noticeable results!

Are there any other Elemis products I should consider using?

No comments:

Post a Comment