Monday 8 October 2012

La Roche Posay 'Hydraphase UV Intense Light'.



Since summer has gone (did we even have one?), it was time to think about changing my my skincare routine to something a little more substantial.
When the weather was warmer, I was cleansing, applying a serum and suncream and I was done, and that was enough! However, with all the horrid cold weather that we've been getting, my skin has needed that little something extra just to keep it in tip-top condition.
I needed and was looking for a cream that could go over the top of my Vichy sun cream to hydrate and protect my skin, and that wasn't going to make me look shiny.
I hadn't done as much research into this as I normally do regarding skincare, and I picked the little tube up on a whim whilst in Boots a few of weeks ago. I trust La Roche Posay anyway, so I knew I would get on with it well!

La Roche Posay's 'Hydraphase UV Intense Light' is a day cream designed for dehydrated skin, normal to combination and prone to sensitivity. My skin is quite oily, however due to my Retin-A useage my skin does get very dehydrated and sensitive, especially now it's getting colder, so this fits the bill.

La Roche Posay say that dehydrated skin has a 'damaged cellular cohesion', which compromises water regulation within the skin. This means, the skin isn't able to keep the water in.
'Hydraphase UV Intesne Light' contains Hyaluronic Acid fragments, which, alongside a 'reinforced formula', provide 'intense rehydration by infusing the skin with water, a reinforced cellular cohesion in order to help retain water in the skin for longer'. It also contains UVA and UVB protection in the form of SPF 20, which is an added benefit since those sun rays are still peeking through those clouds at this time of year! Plus, UVA and UVB rays also play a part in dehydration of the skin!

It's a white lotion, which sinks in to the skin super fast, leaving it feeling moisturised and soft. It hydrates the skin wonderfully all throughout the day without leaving any tackiness or stickiness on the skin. It does leave a slight shine, but it looks very natural and not at all oily.
You don't need a lot of the product to cover the face; a little bit of lotion goes a long way!
I find that this 'Light' version is perfect for my normally oily skin, but there is a 'Rich' version for those of you with drier and more sensitive skins!

This product is paraben free, reducing the chances of irritation or sensitivity to the product. It also contains the famous La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water, which is apparently rich in selenium, which has anti-oxidant properties.
There is no scent to this product, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'd rather a product did the job and had no scent than smelt like a Malaysian forest at sunrise and be totally pants!

The packaging is superbly practical. It comes with a pump, which is handy because sometimes taking off lids can get a little irritating (especially if you drop them and they go under your dresser). I always think pumps are a little bit more hygienic than something you have to take the lid off and stick your fingers into.
The tube itself is plastic, which is great because when on the move, I can just shove it in my bag without fearing a breakage.

It cost me £16.50 for a 50ml tube in Boots, which is not a bad price. I know there are some cheaper face creams I could have got instead, but I really get on well with La Roche Posay products, they are a brand that I trust for good-quality, well-researched skincare which isn't going to cost me the earth.

I like this product a lot, and I would repurchase. It keeps my skin hydrated even when it's been battered by Retin-A, wind and rain, it keeps it protected from the sun and it applies on top of my suncream fantastically, and it doesn't irritate my skin.
I like it, and it's definitely a winner in my books!

No comments:

Post a Comment