Thursday 10 November 2011

Clinique 'Super City Block SPF40'.

Confession time; I love products with a high SPF.
When using Retin-A, you're meant to avoid sunlight, and cover up with suncream and what-not. Since then, I've been slightly obsessed with day moisturisers/foundations/lotions etc with a decent SPF in them.
Also, it's sensible. It has been proven time and time again and backed up with decent evidence that long-exposure to the sun is harmful and makes your skin all wrinkly and nasty.
So that is my rationale as to why I'm so keen (maybe obsessed) to have SPF in my products.

I orignially tried this product when I bought my Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus & UV Damage Corrector (yes yes yes review coming soon) last year.
I found it balled up a lot, which completely grossed me out, and so once the teeny-weeny sample tube was gone I never re-purchased.

However, recently I ran out of day cream and freaked out, since I couldn't afford to buy anymore decent stuff and was too much of a snob just to get a cheap-ass one from Boots. So I found a tube of the Super City Block SPF40 in the bathroom at the bottom of mum's 'used once, never again' pile.
And have been using it ever since.










It's brilliant, one of my favourite products of all time.
It is basically like a tinted moisturiser. I do tend to find it is a little pale for my skin, but only I can notice it and it's not at all obvious. From what I can see on the Clinique website, there is only one colour, so I'm not sure how darker skins would find the colour. It is light coverage, so don't go applying it thinking it will cover every single blemish, because it won't. However, I was able to apply foundation on top of this product, and Clinique do say it can act like a 'primer'.

I also like this product because of how un-shiny it is. My morning routine is serum, face cream and then this. Despite being a higher SPF product, there is no shine, even hours later when I'm striving over a case-study at university, no shine. It does claim to be 'oil free', so that might be the reason. However, it's not matte. It describes itself as sheer, and I'd more or less agree. It looks very au naturel and gives a lovely finish to skin, even dewy (but not shiny! There is a difference!).
A little does go a long way, it's got a semi-runny-type consistency (poor explanation, I know, sorry) so don't go applying loads otherwise there's just too much on your face at once (been there, done that).

I honestly don't have anything really negative to say about the product, apart from the fact it does only appear to come in one shade.
Can work on it's own, over your normal facial moisturiser or under foundation. A very versatile product.
Added benefits are that it contains anti-oxidants to helps against 'environmental irritants' and that it protects against both UVA/UVB rays (the amount of creams that only protect against one...grr)!
It is £15.50 from the website, which I don't think is unreasonable at all, in fact I'd probably say that this product at that price is quite good value.

Just a final thought...DON'T FORGET THE SPF!
Your skin will thank you when you're older!

No comments:

Post a Comment