Sunday 13 November 2011

Clinque's 'Repairwear Laser Focus: Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector'

I saw this serum advertised and thought I had to get it, no matter what. There was so much 'hype' around it and I was effectively seduced by the advertising and magazine promotions (I know, I fall for anything), so I went and bought it.

So I just had to order it online, and it came with some sweet little samples, which didn't last long!





If I'm honest, I wasn't really enamoured with this product.
I wasn't horrendously wrinkly in the first place and I wear SPF/avoid the sun whenever I can so my skin displays no sign of sun damage, so I don't think I'm the audience this product is targeting.

When I put my tinted moisturiser over the top of this serum, I found it tended to ball up on me. This was extremely annoying and grossed me out. I had used the tinted moisturiser on it's own and with other skincare products and it didn't ball up, so I came to the conclusion that it was the serum that gave this effect.

After applying this serum, my skin felt and looked almost velvety, and gave quite a matte effect.
I thought this was quite interesting, since all the serums I've used have left a shine, not a massive shine, but a little shine.

I also found that I needed a whole lot more than 3-4 drops for my whole face. I think 5-6 is a more reasonable number of drops to comfortably get it everywhere you want it. Perhaps I just have a big face, I dunno. But 3-4 drops definitely wasn't enough for me.

I think that you would see a difference in your skin if you did have more prominent signs of ageing and sun damage, but because I'm only 20 years of age this product was a total miss.
I think I only bought it because of the 'hype' that surrounded it! And judging by other reviews and word-of-mouth, it has made a difference in other people. I mean, it was part of Harpers Bazaar 'Beauty Hot 100' alongside the likes of Creme De La Mer, so obviously the majority of people thought it was good stuff!

The RRP is £36.50 for 30ml, and £52 for 50 ml. It is a good price for such a 'touted' product, and it is certainly a lot cheaper than other products out there.

I guess it just wasn't for me, and I have had better results with other serums I have used (such as the Estee Lauder 'Advanced Night Repair'-review coming soon!).
Shame, because I really love Clinique and I wanted to see something dramatically different!

I guess I'll just stay with products more designed for younger skin...I just hope when I'm old and wrinkly in a few years time they'll still have it!
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment