Tuesday 8 November 2011

Dermalogica's 'Multivitamin Thermafoliant'.

An exfoliator this time!
I seem to gradually be working my way through the entire Dermalogica range!

This exfoliator comes out the tube a dark yellow and like a thick paste. The yellow colour was quite exciting, since all the exfoliators I've ever used before tend to typically be white dots and specks in.
It is grainy, which made me happy because there is nothing worse than getting an exfoliator and it's basically just a face wash with teeny-tiny bits in, which doesn't to the job whatsoever!
I have been using it just on dry skin, as it gives a more 'intense' exfoliation. I haven't used it on damp skin yet, but watch this space!

I used about three pea sized blobs (one for forehead, two for each cheek/chin) and massaged into my skin in circular motions for about two minutes (like it says on the back of the tube). It spreads over the skin really easy, which I thought it wouldn't being rubbed into dry skin. It doesn't dry out the skin either, and leaves it very soft. This exfoliator is a heat activated one and the heat 'enhances the penetration of age-fighting ingredients into the skin'. It doesn't specifically say what they are, but there is a full ingredients list here.



I think it is definitely one of those exfoliators that you use twice/thrice a week. I think if you use it anymore than that your skin gets a little sore. I have used it two nights in a row, and I can definitely feel a little tenderness on my cheeks. If you have sensitive skin I'd probably stay away from this exfoliant and go for something more gentle.
It's also one of those exfoliants that you need to make sure you have a decent moisturiser to put on your skin afterwards. I've been using Eucerin 'Aquaphor' balm, which doesn't give me any problems regarding stinging my freshly exfoliated skin.

Overall, I think it's very good.
It lived up to the great expectations and had no nasty surprises. There are no artificial fragrances or colours so that's a plus point! There was none of the stinging or irritation I normally get when using exfoliators, so that made me a very happy chappy!
It is only the sample size (only a baby 15ml), so I'm not sure whether I will 'reap the benefits' before I run out! I'm sure I will, if I limit the uses to three times a week and use a little!

The only issue is that I'm unsure whether to repurchase. I think the chemical exfoliators seem to be gaining in popularity, leaving scrubs and manual exfoliators in the dark, so to say. There are pluses and minuses for both types, but I think the movement is towards chemical exfoliators, and I think I would be part of that movement.

What do you think, chemical or manual exfoliators?

No comments:

Post a Comment