Sunday 6 November 2011

The Eucerin cream with the massive name.

Okay, so the name is 'Intensive 10% w/w Urea Treatment Cream'. A bit of a mouthful, don't you think?

It claims to be 'intensive moisturising for the treatment of dry, itchy, flaky skin conditions including atopic eczema, ichthyosis, hyperkeratosis [and] xeroderma'.
Now luckily I don't have any of these skin conditions, but am suffering from dry flaky skin at the moment (see previous post), so I thought if it's good enough for chronic dermalogical issues such as those, then surely it would work on my skin?



When you put it on, it is an extremely thick, white cream that seems extremely heavy-duty. It sinks in nicely, however, as with the Aquaphor, you do look a little greasy. However, because they are specially designed for chronic dry skin conditions, you expect this really. On the little info leaflet you get within the box, it even describes itself as a 'white shiny cream', so no false promises there! For these reasons, it is best as a night cream, if you wore this out you would literally be a shining beacon.
I do think I put slightly too much on my skin, so this might be why I end up shiney and ultra-greasy! I tend to sleep on my face so apply loads so my skin has chance to soak up some of it before it gets rubbed onto the pillow!

The first time I used it, I was very impressed. I woke up with extremely moisturised and hydrated skin, when the previous day I had my Retin-A face on (peeling, sore, cracking etc).
It seems to really penetrate beneath the skin, whereas most creams just sit on top of my skin and therefore don't work on me.

Another plus point with this cream is that it doesn't smell. Sometimes these medicine-type face creams have a smell that isn't unlike the PVA glue you used to use in little school, which tend to give me a headache. I'm pretty sure they've not added artificial fragrances (otherwise it would smell, right?!) but it doesn't say on the Aquaphor tube.

Overall, I love this cream because it's simple, it does it's job amazingly well and makes my skin very happy.
You can't argue with that can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment