Sunday 18 December 2011

Dermalogica's 'Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30'




I bought this cream months ago, I actually can't remember when. But I have been using it religiously every single day since I bought it so I can safely say it's time to review it!

It is a daily moisturiser with an SPF of 30, which is perfect for this time of year. The higher SPF's are probably not necessary (in theory, however I don't like NOT having SPF 50 on any occasion) in weather like this where the sun rarely gets to poke his yellow face through the clouds, but you know ladies, his cheeky little rays can make their way through cloud cover, which is why I think it is ESSENTIAL that everybody wears something on their face in the day with an SPF. Anyway, back to the subject...

It is moisturising enough so that your skin doesn't dry in this awful weather, yet it doesn't look greasy upon the skin. My skin feels moisturised and hydrated at the end of the day, even after my cycle to the train station, a train ride and a walk to university, and the reverse on the way home! I've really put the cream through it's paces ;).
It leaves a natural glow on my skin, but my skin is oily anyway so the glowy-ness is probably due to that.

It comes out of the tube as a white cream but sinks into the skin like a dream, leaving no white cast and no trace of anything, meaning it's perfect under make-up or tinted moisturiser.
I do like the fact that it's colourless and not tinted, because I think I'm a really weird shade of pinky-white through years of sun avoidance, and so I do find it hard to find foundations and tinted things to actually match my skin tone! So the fact that it's colourless is really good, and if you wanted to apply a foundation or whatever on top you can without looking greasy. I normally use Clinque's 'Super City Block SPF 40' (click here for a full review) and I don't have any issues with layering those two products.

It has a smell, yet I can't really describe what it's like. It's nothing particularly bad, I'm just saying that there definitely is a smell there. They haven't put any artificial colours or fragrances in the little pot of creamy goodness, so the smell isn't due to any nasties.

My 50ml tube has lasted me aaages, so it's definitely an investment. I normally use one pump for my forehead, one pump for both cheeks and a tiny pump for my chin. I like to make sure my whole face is covered with a substantial amount, just to make sure that the cheeky sun rays don't touch my skin! Even though I probably use more than most normal people would use, it still has lasted me ages, and the Dermalogica girls said that 50mls would actually last you about 6 months. I don't know how true this is and whether it was just a sales push, but it does last a long time.

The only things that's kinda negative about the product is that is you have quite raw cracked skin (past experience talking here) it does tend to sting upon application, yet this stinging does subside. So if you do have really dry cracked skin (and mine was really really really dry) I would not go for this, the stinging does feel a bit sore.

Even my Dermalogica tube is feeling Christmassy with it's kyoot little bobble-hat!
Not long now till St. Nick comes down the chimney!

No comments:

Post a Comment