Wednesday 11 January 2012

Me and my acne: Week 5 update.

So this week has been quite, well, more interesting than my other acne updates.
I've also got a few more photographs of my trails and tribulations, because I think it's nice to see what other people are going through, and a paragraph full of words isn't as powerful as when it's accompanied by a photograph.
I do think that most people will be getting sick of my make-up free face, and the fact I look like a complete ming in them! But it's to illustrate a point, so apologies!

If this is the first 'acne update post' of mine you've seen, basically I came off my oral antibiotic (Lymecycline) about 5 weeks ago, which I have been prescribed for the past two years. I am still using a topical medication (Retin-A), and this is just a little journal to see if I can really get on without my oral medication or whether I need to go back on it. Also, I explain what products help and don't help my skin.

So this week I used my Retin-A on the Saturday, Sunday and Monday night because my skin can't seem to shake the spots. This has left my with red, peely skin. I know this is hard to imagine, so I took some pictures (be warned, I look terrible and it isn't flattering at all);



Notice around my hairline you can see the peeling skin on the bottom picture, and around the nose in the top picture. They are small pictures so squint and you might see what I'm on about.

When my skin is like this I feel pretty awful. I have spots and plus I'm peeling like mad, so I'm not feeling at my most attractive. Earlier on the day these above pictures were taken, I applied some Eucerin, but OH MY GOD it stang like hell and brought me out in a reddish-pink rash before I had to leave to go to university.
See below;


However, I was in the bathroom staring despairingly into the mirror (surely other people do that?) when a little white tube caught my eye.
Mummy Clements had suffered from a small patch of psoriasis, and the doctor prescribed her this cream.
So, as a last resort, I plastered it all on my face and no stinging or anything occured. I thought, wow, this is good stuff already. Unlike most creams like this I've encountered before, this one sank right into my skin. I'll do a proper review of the cream on it's own, so keep your eyes peeled.
But this is what my skin looked like this morning...


Absolutely no peeling or redness, although my spots and red marks are still there (sad face). You can't really see because the photo is quite small (bummer) but my skin seems to be in a much better shape than it was 12 hours ago.

So in summary, it's been a bit of a tough week for my poor skin. My spots don't seem to be going, I'm still pressing on with using my Retin-A which is giving me peely and sore skin, I have found a cream which helps with the peeling, but all in all no drastic improvements or worsening.
Sigh.
It's never ending...

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, have you tried Lush Dream Cream? It worked absolute miracles for me. I had incurable stress related hives and eczema. Tried everything from steroids to anti fungal cream to calm my skin down. There's a review on my blog, but it really worked miracles for me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I'm writing you about my ebook, ”The Odds' Guide To Acne”, that is available on Amazon.

    The book is set to be available for FREE starting the 31th July and up until 2 of August at this Internet adress http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E54WAPU/

    If you reply to any of my contact adresses below, I can send you a notice when that happens.

    As a fellow acne sufferer, I wrote this book recollecting stories of 6 people that were confronted with acne problems over the course of years and the damage that it made to them.

    Within the lines of this book (beneath the drama) you will find good and simple tips on how to improve the condition as well as fight the emotional problems caused by it.

    If you are interested in getting it or maybe writing a review I would highly appreciate it. Even if it will be a bad review. I am a newby in book writing so I don't expect it to be a big succes, but I think it could help some people with their problems.

    Thank you for your time and have an awsome day! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

    Terry F Cok-Menbosa
    E-mail: menbosa@yahoo.com
    Twitter: twitter.com/oddstoacne
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Odds-Guide-to-Acne/238361986288295

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is better to consult a professional doctor for skin concerns. I had a professional skin peel treatment from http://www.cosmedocs.com/treatments/peel-to-reveal.php and it has brought about lots of improvement in my skin condition.

    ReplyDelete