Friday 24 February 2012

Blistex 'Intensive Moisture'.

You know your lips are in a pretty bad way when Vaseline, Figs and Rouge balm, a Eucerin cream and steriod cream do absolutely nothing to combat soreness, redness and irritation on your lips.
After enduring a long shift at work continuously licking my lips (that sounds so creepy) because they were burning up so bad and looking horrendous, I thought I had better do something about it.
So I popped into Boots to see if there was anything they could provide that would make my lips any better. And then I saw the Blistex 'Intensive Moisturiser'. I had heard so many great things about this product, and since other opinion's mean a hell of a lot to me, I bought it.

It is UH-MAY-ZING. It smells really minty (and quite delicious. I have, so far, not tasted it despite the delicious smell, but I may not be able to resist in the future).
It instantly soothed my sore and burny lips, and provided immediate hydration. Which lasted ages. Normally, I find stuff like Vaseline is quite superficial, and doesn't moisturise as deeply as I would like it too, and after it's gone from my lips, the condition of my lips hasn't improved. It just sits on top of the lip and doesn't penetrate, whereas with the Blistex, it moisturises much deeper and therefore the hydrating effects last longer, and my lips felt so much better for it.
Because it was such a better moisturiser than other lip products I've tried, there was no need to constantly keep re-applying it, which makes it last longer and also isn't such a pain in the bottom.
When I put it on overnight, my lips were baby-soft the next day, without any peeling, crusting or redness. Win!

It has an SPF. Imagine my absolute joy! It's only SPF 10, but it's better than nothing, which is the SPF most lip products contain! It is all very well slapping SPF all over my skin, but if my lips aren't protected from those pesky little sun-rays, then what is the point in living?

Another plus point is the fact that it doesn't make lips look greasy/slick like other intensive lip products would (Vaseline I am looking at you). They definitely looked moisturised, but very much a natural finish. I wouldn't say matte, but just a nice natural, smooth finish.

I also like the fact it is in a tube, it's so hygenic! Vaseline pots (in my opinion) are alive with bugs, germs and other nasty things that don't belong in Vaseline pots, because you put your fingers in it! Oh, and don't forget that person who always asks you if you can use your Vaseline and they haven't washed their hands (one of my pet peeves, sorry).
As well as being hygenic, I find it better to apply. With a tube with a wee applicator on the end, you're not wondering where about to wipe the greasy Vaseline-covered finger you used to apply the Vaseline to your lips.
Although I would say that tube is a little too small for my liking. Saying that, it is the perfect pocket-size. But I just think that it would be better if it was a little bigger.

The only con is that it is white, and does leave a white cast. You can get round this by either appling it at night for overnight hydration and use whatever lip-product throughout the day, or if you want to use it during the day use it every sparingly and apply in front of a mirror!

It was £2.49 for 5g, which I thought was a pretty good price for a product that conditions lips so brilliantly, and, if used sparingly for when your lips really needed it, will last a while.
I've had mine for about two weeks now, and although it probably won't last as long as a tub of Vaseline or a lip-balm in a wee tub, I still have loads left so I foresee a tube lasting about a month. And one a month won't exactly break the bank now, will it?

I will definitely repurchase this product. It really worked at getting rid of my nasty-chapped-and-sore lips and turning them into the most baby-soft little pout, contained an SPF which should be mandatory for everything and smelt lovely, making it a joy to apply. I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment