Monday 11 June 2012

Bioderma 'Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream SPF 50+'



Along with the Vichy 'Capital Sun SPF 50 Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch' I bought, I decided that I would buy this product as well. I went sun protection crazy, you might say.
I have only ever tried one tinted moisturiser, and that was the Clinique 'Super City Block' SPF 40. Since I have long run out of that product and haven't repurchased, and don't fancy sticking foundation on my spotty skin right now, I decided to go for another tinted moisturiser, and I thought I might as well give this one a go.

Here is what the Bioderma website says about it's product;
• The maximum anti-UVB efficacy and unmatched "extreme anti-UVA" performance of Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream safely protect against sunburn, prevent sun intolerance reactions and combat premature cutaneous ageing.
• A major advance against risks of cell damage, its exclusive patented Cellular BIOprotection® complex* provides optimum protection for the skin cells.
• Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream minimises skin imperfections and unifies the complexion.
• The melting texture of Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream leaves the skin feeling comfortable and extremely soft. Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream spreads very easily, leaving no oily film.
• Non-comedogenic, Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream is water-resistant and photostable.
• Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream is fragrance-free and ensures excellent tolerance.

The thing about this that I love is that it's a suncream with tint. I have never seen tinted moisturisers with a SPF higher than the 30/40 mark, so this is the perfect product for me. I don't like applying foundation, since I have not found one that I get on with, so I prefer not wearing it at all or wearing an all-in-one product, like a tinted moisturiser!
It doesn't have much of a smell, like most suncream would. There is a scent, but it's very delicate and not overpowering in the slightest. It doesn't contain any fragrances (as mentioned above), so it is actually quite cool that it smells this good without any added fragrances!
My only gripe with this product is that the tint is far too dark for me. The tint is described as 'golden', and I am nothing of the sort. Pale as paper sums my shade of skin up quite nicely. As you can tell by the photo of my hand above, it comes out on me very orangey. Considering my face is paler than my hands, it just looks obvious and totally un-natural, and I looked like I was related to an oompa-loompa (which isn't cool at any stretch of the imagination). This really disapointed me, because everything else about the product was fantastic and lovely, and yet I can't wear it, because it is just too dark for me!
As with any suncream/sun-protection, you do need to re-apply. I know it's not quite as relevant since it is pouring down with rain right now, but you never know when the sun will peek his cheeky little face out behind the clouds! Unfortunately, re-applying it was just a bad experience, only because of the dark tint of the product. Orange face, pale neck/arms. I looked orange and disgusting and I wanted to cry.
I looked on the Bioderma website, and it didn't say whether this product was available in any different tints, which I thought was a bit silly. When I bought this product from the Cocooncentre.co.uk, I wasn't able to specify what tint I wanted, which makes me think that there is only one tint available. However, after reading the reviews on MakeupAlley, people have read that they have it in the 'natural' colour. I can't find it for purchase anywhere though (crey crey), but I love this suncream and will keep on looking!
Despite this, it offered good coverage (my spots were kinda camouflaged - not as much as they would be if I had a layer of foundation on though). It is quite a thick formulation, which doesn't really bother me, because it just means you don't need as much of the product. It sank into the skin really well, leaving it feeling moisturised and nourished. Some suncreams just sit on the surface of the skin, and can actually leave my skin feeling quite dry, so it's nice to have a suncream which has a nice moisturising effect. The finish isn't matte, and leaves the skin with a healthy glow. I totally agree with the fact that it doesn't leave an oily film.
In terms of packaging, it's pretty standard. You do have to be careful, in terms of how much of the product you actually squeeze out of the tube, you can easily squeeze too much out and that is bad. Also, because the cap is at the bottom, quite a lot of the product collects on the rim and on the cap, which is never cool.
It set me back £9.36 for 40 ml of the product, which I think is really good value, especially because you only need a small amount for applying it to your face.

So overall, I like everything about this product APART from the tint, which ruined the whole experience of the product for me. I do hope I can find the 'natural' colour soon, because I'm sure I would love it, since I loved everything else about the product!

1 comment:

  1. I love that product too ! I am lucky that the tint totally match my skin tone ! love it 100 % :) Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete