Thursday 7 June 2012

Cetaphil 'Gentle Skin Cleanser.'

I first heard about this brand when I was reading an interview with Scarlett Johansson, who had said that she loved this cleanser,. So of course, I went out and bought it. I'm so swayed by celebrity recommendations (apart from sheep's placenta. Just no)!



I, like Scarlett, also love this cleanser, especially when my skin is feeling sensitive, sore and just can't face a thorough Hibiscrub cleanse.
I wouldn't use it every day, purely for the fact that I don't feel like it really leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. I do think if you struggle with the sensitiveness or dryness of your skin, you might need to use it every day (it does say 'daily cleansing' on the bottle), but I only suffer with sensitive skin once in a while, and since having oily skin and covered in spots right now (urgh), I need to make sure my skin is cleansed good and proper.
Although, like it says on the bottle, it leaves my skin feeling moisturised, 'soft, smooth and healthy'.

The product comes out of the bottle looking rather like a shampoo, and smells rather like E45, which always reminds me of the smell of PVA glue.
I use this by squeezing a blob of it into my hands, and then (without adding water), applying it to my skin and massaging it all over my face. This cleanser doesn't foam up, and it is more of a cream cleanser than anything else. I do this for a couple of minutes, and then I get a cotton wool pad and wipe the excess off my face. This means that this cleanser is great for when you don't have a sink with you, since you can put it straight on your face without water, massage it in and wipe off with a cotton pad without faffing around with water and drying your face.
However, you can use it with water, in the way that instead of wiping off the excess with a cotton pad, you would rinse your skin and pat dry. I prefer the non-water way - because I'm lazy and it seems so much easier!

This product is marketed as 'high tolerance' and has a soap-free formula, which means it would be suitable for most sensitive skin conditions. Indeed, when using it when my face is sore and dry, I experienced no unpleasant stinging or irritation, and left my skin feeling really calm and refreshed.

This product set me back £8.99 from Boots, which I think is a really good price for this type of product. I have had mine for about 2 months, and I've only used about a third! I don't use it a lot, as mentioned, but I still think that's pretty good going!

As I said, I wouldn't use this every day, since I prefer really thoroughly cleansing my skin with Hibiscrub, but for those who are having trouble finding a cleanser which is sensitive enough for your skin, I would thoroughly recommend giving this product a try.

I mean, if Scarlett Johansson uses it, surely it's good enough for us normal people?!

No comments:

Post a Comment