Monday 27 August 2012

Estee Lauder 'Advanced Night Repair'.

I first got a bottle of this back when I was 17 from my boyfriend for my birthday (not that anybody thought I was old or anything, I have always been obsessed with skincare), and I have always had a bottle in my skincare box ever since.
This serum is probably one of my most re-purchased skincare products, I really love it. I love everything about it, the packaging, the way it works, the smell, the name...I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH OKAY? And this is really a blogpost telling you why.




This serum has won so many awards and accolades it is like the celebrity of the skincare world; Cosmopolitan Beauty and Fragrance Awards 2012 - Best Age Defying Serum, Woman & Home: Best Beauty Icon - Turn Back the Clock 2011, InStyle Award Winner 2011, She Magazine 2011: Best Night Cream, Stylist Skincare Awards 2011 Winner.
This product is dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, fragrance-free and non-acnegenic, the latter being the most important for me because of my well documented battle with acne.

Basically, the people at Estee Lauder understand that environmental assaults damage skin cells and their DNA, leading to fine lines, wrinkles (a sharp gasp) and age spots. Which is true, I mean think of the sun rays, emotional stresses and pollution our skin faces day to day.
These folks believe that 'Advanced Night Repair' can reduce the appearance of past damage and help prevent future damage.

Now here is the really sciency bit; to which I have copied from the Estee Lauder website because I can't put it into my own words;
Skin cells have clock genes that, when in sync with each other, help skin do what it does naturally—repair at night and protect by day.
Working extensively with a leading, independent research team, Estée Lauder scientists are among the first to understand how important these genes are for your skin.
This pivotal research showed that clock genes regulate a series of precisely timed repair responses within each skin cell to help maximize its DNA repair.
Furthermore, with age and repeated exposure to environmental stresses, skin's clock genes become de-synchronized, causing its repair and protective processes to slow down.
Advanced Night Repair; This silky serum with our exclusive Chronolux™ Technology helps support the natural synchronisation of skin's repair process.


If that went completely over your head, then I will tell you what I thought about it!

I find this serum to sink in beautifully into the skin without leaving any residue, leaving it feeling incredibly moisturised and more plump. This serum contains Hyaluronic Acid, which has long been claimed to be 'the moisture magnet'. It is so moisturising you could probably forgo the moisturiser afterwards, but I never have because I think layering up skincare and using different products is very effective. My skin also feels so much more radiant after application, it's so bright and healthy.

I find that using this product over how many years I've used it has improved my skin texture, has minimised the appearance of my enlarged pores (hurrah!), hydrates my skin extensively, and more importantly, it has reduced the redness and pigmentation that has been left behind on my skin after suffering with acne for 3 years. I do still have areas of slight redness, but I would definitely say that this product has helped reduce the level of scarring and pigmentation I have been left with. I don't particularly have a problem with wrinkles yet, so I can't particularly give an opinion on that side of things.
I can use it on my skin even when it's sensitive due to Retin-A use, since it doesn't sting or cause my skin any irritation, as well as using it on my skin is it's normal oily self.

I use this twice a day, in the morning after I've cleansed and toned and before I apply my sun protection (this Vichy suncream) since I feel I need that little moisture-boost underneath my sun cream, and in the evening after cleansing and toning and before my oils/face creams.
Whenever I use it I always use a drop for my forehead, a drop for each cheek and a drop for my chin. I also love to use it around my eyes, I know it's not for that purpose but it makes my eye area feel hydrated and healthy! I always allow ten minutes after applying the serum before applying other products to let it sink in thoroughly.

The packaging is wonderful too. It comes in a cute little brown bottle (rather like the colour of medicine bottles!), with gold lettering. This instantly makes this product look incredibly luxe, and perfect for placing on your dresser for all to see!
It also comes with a little glass dropper attached to the lid, which is perfect for getting the right amount onto the skin, because you can be so precise!

At £41/£54 for a 30ml/50ml bottle, it is a quite expensive product. However, a bottle of this can last me 4 months, which equates to only around £13/month, which really isn't all that bad. I am very happy to spend money on this serum, because I have tried serums in the past where I just thought the product was a complete waste of money. However, the way this works on my skin, I think this product is worth every single penny, and I don't think I could ever be without it.
I hope that when I'm 70 years old the years of using this product will definitely be for all to see.

I mean, at the end of the day, would rather spend money on expensive face products rather than things like clothes, I mean who cares about that nice top you're wearing when you've got a face which resembles a raisin?
It would be interesting to hear your experiences with Advanced Night Repair if you've used it! Do you rave as much about it as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment