Tuesday 25 September 2012

Dr Organic 'Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum'

I have never been one for really caring for my hair. In one of my recent posts that is certainly highlighted, with only a mere 4% of my total beauty expenditure being spent on haircare.
But recently I have noticed that it isn't quite enough. I lightened my hair about a month ago, and it really deteriorated in condition, which isn't helped by the amount of washing (everyday) and straightening (everyday) I used to put it through!
So now (after giving it a good trim) I've ditched the straighteners and wash every other day. I also use a few more products to ensure my hair is kept in tip-top condition, one of which is the Dr Organic 'Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum'.




Dr Organic are a brand that describe themselves as 'committed to creating unique, natural products which are functional by design and formulated to capture the key active properties within each of the ingredients used.' They promise that their products will contain organically grown ingredients wherever possible, certified bioactive ingredients, natural ingredients, no harsh chemicals, no animal ingredients, no mineral oils, no GM ingredients, no artificial preservatives and they don't test on animals. It all sounds pretty darn good doesn't it?!

I personally am a little bit of a fan already because I have used a few of their products in the past and have been extremely pleased with the quality of their products. However, I have not used their products for a couple of years now, what with my interest in other brands, so using this product has been the first time in a long time I've used any of their products.

This particular product is from one of their many ranges, the 'Organic Moroccan Argan Oil' range. This oil seems to be the new 'in thing' right now, and if you haven't heard of it then I'm sorry but you have been living under a rock. It is derived from the kernals of the Argan tree, which grows in Morocco (courtesy of Wikipedia!). Cosmetically, it's in everything from hair products, to shower products to skincare. There are lots of brands that market their own products containing Argan oil, but I just happened to pick up this product!

As mentioned before, this product is free from parabens, SLS, artificial colours, fragrances and harsh preservatives. It's not a complete deal-breaker for me if a product doesn't have those specifications, but I know some people are quite specific about those sorts of things.

Despite it being free from artificial fragrances, this product smells phenomenal. It contains (deep breath): Argan Oil, Orange Fruit Extract, Clove Leaf Oil, Geranium Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Patchouli Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Rosewood Oil, Wild Mint Oil, Mandarin Peel Oil, Vanilla Fruit Extract, Spearmint Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Moringa Seed Oil and Sacha Inchi Seed Oil. Phew. These oils are what gives this product a smell that is so amazing I can't even describe it. And best of all - they're all natural!

The product comes out clear. It is slightly thicker than an oil consistency, it's more like a light gel consistency. You can either use it on towel-dried hair, then style as desired, or you can use it on dry hair. I have used it both ways. Using it before blow-drying makes my hair feel so soft, smooth and sleek, without it feeling weighed down. Using it on dry hair pretty much achieves the same result (plus your hair smells great throughout the day). I do have to be careful with my hair, because it's so fine, it's easily over-loaded, so I have to use a tiny amount.

Now we move onto the packaging. Now, I'm not really fussy well it comes to packaging, sure, if it's nice packaging then great, but I tend to focus on what's inside. But with this product the packaging is beautiful. I mean, just look at it. That frosted glass makes it feel so damn expensive. I also think the artistry on the product makes it look extremely professional and again, makes me feel like I'm using a product 50x the price! Dr Organic, I salute you on your packaging-design brilliance. Somebody definitely needs a medal.

I paid £14.99 for 100ml, which I think is good value for money, considering the price of other hair oils I have seen on the market! You only needs to use a tiny amount, so I can see this product lasting a long time.

Would I buy again? Of course I would. I love everything about the product. I love the smell, it makes my hair feel so soft, the price is great and it looks absolutely beautiful on my dresser.

You can find the 'Dr Organic' range exclusively in Holland and Barrett stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment