Thursday 27 September 2012

Elemis 'Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash'



I had heard good things about the Elemis 'Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash', and I was attracted to it by the the idea that it gently resurfaced the skin. This was appealing, since I struggle with my skin, and acne and acne scars and marks are the bane of my life. I am forever looking for the product which will give me that 'perfect complexion', and am pretty much willing to spend a lot of money and time trying to achieve it.

'Galactoarabinan, a Polysaccharide, enhances the non-abrasive exfoliation process, whilst Brazilian Babussu Oil replenishes moisture. Moringa protects the skin against environmental damage, whilst White Truffle, Poria Cocos, soothes and supports the skin’s natural micro flora.' The product 'sloughs away dead skin cells, smoothes and refines the complexion' and 'skin looks radiant and youthful'.
Personally, I am not sure how effective these ingredients are. I know the normal exfoliating agents used in skincare are AHA, BHA and retinoids, so I'm not familiar with any of the ingredients or how effective they are at resurfacing the skin...but I bought it anyway.

During the first few weeks of use, I became rather quite annoyed with the lack of results. I didn't feel like it was delivering the results I wanted and had heard of (perfect skin, acne remission, scars diminishing). I regretted spending a lot of money on something I really wanted to work, but just didn't. I carried on getting spots and I wasn't noticing any effect in my complexion. I resigned it to the 'never buy again' section in my brain, and just carried on using it to use it up. It was one of those products I loved to hate.
Then a couple of weeks later, I suddenly noticed how clear my skin was. It looked so bright, radiant and healthy, and bar the odd spot, my acne was gone. I haven't had a breakout in about 2 weeks! Even my mother complimented my skin, and she never compliments me!
I am not sure if it is this wash alone, or something else in my skincare routine. But I feel slightly more love for it than I did when I first began using it. It just goes to show, sometimes results aren't immediate and obvious.

When using it, it leaves skin feeling so clean and incredibly soft, without that dreaded tight feeling you get. It foams up into a really luxurious lather. I sometimes use mine with my Clarisonic if I want to give my skin an uber-clean and exfoliation.
Despite having all those dead-skin-eroding bits and bobs inside the bottle, it is such a gentle cleanser. I imagined it to be a bit stingy and to cause irritation as soon as I used it, but no, I haven't experienced anything but lovely, soft skin. Even when I've been using my Retin-A and my skin is all sore and red, there has been no irritation.

It doesn't take off eye makeup very well, so I take off all my makeup with a facial wipe and then use my cleanser. It is actually meant to be a secondary cleanser, so the idea is that you take off all the makeup and grime with the first wash, then use this cleanser after.
I only need one pump which is an adequate amount for washing the whole of my face and neck area, so a little bit goes a long way. Just as well, considering the price tag!
The smell of the product is well and truly beautiful. It's like stepping out into a tropical garden first thing in the morning, and is so calming and relaxing. It really sets me up for the day ahead!

It comes in a 200ml bottle, which is quite a nice large size. It means it has lasted me absolutely ages, I bought mine about 6 weeks ago, and I'm only about a third of the way through. It also has a pump dispenser, which is quite handy because you can't get too much product like you sometimes can with squeezy bottles. Plus, you can't lose the lid. Yes, it happens.

The RRP is £27.60, which is a hefty price for a face wash. I did actually get it for cheaper, there was an offer on and I got it for only £22, which is definitely more palatable than the RRP!

To be honest, I'm in two minds whether I would repurchase or not. On the one hand it is such a great secondary cleanser, it leaves skin clean and soft, it smells lovely, packaging is practical, it's a gentle and non-irritating cleanser, it has lasted me absolutely ages, maybe it cleared up my acne, and has left my skin looking quite radiant, but on the other hand it is expensive for a cleanser. Actually, that is the only con. But still, price is a very important factor!

Are you a fan of any Elemis products?

No comments:

Post a Comment