Thursday 8 November 2012

Dr Jart 'Water Fuse Beauty Balm'.

I had my eye on the Dr Jart 'BB' products ever since they came out; such a fuss was made about them when they debuted in the UK you would have been blind/deaf/ignorant not to know about them!
Beauty balms, blemish balms, blemish base, beblesh balm (?!) or quite simply 'BB' creams are the buzz-word in the beauty world, and almost every beauty company has released their own version. They act as several products all in one; primer, concealer, foundation and SPF. And for this reason, it makes it a must-have for those who prefer to keep their makeup routine simple and uncomplicated. I am one of those people!

There are several varieties of the Dr Jart Beauty Balms, 'Water Fuse', 'Premium', 'Regenerating' and 'Platinum' (I have linked them all to the Boots website, because they are they official UK based stockist).
I chose the 'Water Fuse' Beauty Balm, purely because at that time I thought I could benefit from a more moisturising BB cream with the colder weather quickly setting in and on that particular day my skin was feeling quite tight and dehydrated.



The 'Water Fuse' Beauty Balm is aptly named for the reason that the 'Water Holding System helps maintain healthy moisture level to leave a dewy, flawless look without glossiness'. More specifically, it is a Beauty Balm 'containing glacier water, deep ocean water, hyalorunic acid rich in moisturizing power, and aloe vera soothing skin comfortably, helps to raise the water content, providing dry and weary skin with wetness like applying water cream.'
Hyaluronic acid is another buzz-word in skincare and makeup. It's a water magnet, holding water in the skin, keeping it hydrated. Wikipedia gives a great explanation, a better one than me!

I would say that the 'dewy' finish is great when first applied, you look so radiant and glowing, but at about midday it's too shiny and greasy looking on my skin. I do have quite an oily skin, so to avoid the dreaded 'midday-mirror-shine' have to set the Beauty Balm with a light dusting of translucent powder in the morning, and then I'm sorted for the rest of the day. Those with drier skin-types may not need to set it with powder.
I'm not particularly fond of the fact it only comes in one shade. It is a shame, because the shade it comes in is a shade too dark for me. For those with fairer skin, I would probably look for a paler alternative or do what I do, and mix it with a paler foundation upon application to get the exact shade match.
The BB cream provides quite a natural sheer finish on the skin, but also provides quite good coverage, which I didn't expect. The formula is quite buildable, which is great if you desire slightly more coverage than one layer gives you. I only need to dot concealer in a few places before having skin that looks incredibly healthy and flawless.
Another thing that I am not so keen on is the fact that the SPF is quite low at 25. I normally don't go under SPF 50, so I do feel a little bit, ahem, naked and unprotected without high SPF on. The other Dr Jart Beauty Balms have varying levels of SPF, ranging from 25-40.

I would say that I am really excited about trying the other products in the range, especially the 'Premium' Beauty Balm as it gives slightly more coverage than the rest, but the only bugbear is the crap colour range! I don't know if it's worth buying the BB creams only to mess around mixing with foundation to get it to match! The jury is still out on whether I would repurchase or not.

Have you tried Dr Jart's Beauty Balms before? Which one did you go for, and how did you get on?

No comments:

Post a Comment