Thursday 8 November 2012

November skincare wishlist.

I haven't done a wishlist in a long time, because there hasn't been really anything in a while that I've thought 'wow, I totally need that in my life', and one thing on here has already appeared in a wishlist I did back in early 2012, so it's been a bit pointless doing one. Until now, because I've found something else to lust over as well!

The product I've been wanting for probably about a year is something called a dermaroller, specifically the Medik8 'Titanium Dermaroller', which is, in crude terms, like a lint-roller but with very fine needles on it. It's aimed at reducing wrinkles, cellulite, hyperpigmentation and scars since it helps promote collagen synthesis, and also improves penetration of skincare products, such as retinoids.
I honestly don't know why I haven't bought it yet, because it's continuously in my thoughts. I actually think I might be in love with the idea of owning one. It's £40 from Feel Unique (link above), which I think is a very good price, heck it's what I'd be happy to pay for just a jar of cream! You do have to replace it every few months(the needles get bent and cause more damage than good), which I suppose is like having a Clarisonic and replacing the brush head every 3 months.
It has been hard to find a lot of written reviews regarding this product, but I have heard a lot of people talk about the benefits of dermarollers, and that's enough to make me want one!



The other thing on my mental skincare wishlist is the iSkin 'i-ntelligent Microdermabraison System'. I normally use Retin-A, which peels my skin away thus improving acne and the redness and scarring left behind. However, I just can't step away from the physical exfoliator (I use this No7 one at the moment) for use when the Retin-A symptoms have ceased.
For £29.99, this microdermabraison kit seems like a total bargain, and includes the necessary equipment to get started. I have had a casual look at the prices of microdermabraison sessions at salons and spas, and they are quite expensive, especially as you would need to go back a few times to get significant results. The additional costs related to this kit is replacing the head and the 'Crystal Microdermabraison Creme'
I have read the reviews for it, unfortunately there aren't many, but mostly everyone who has bought this product seems to absolutely love it, and speaks about reduced lines, reduced pores and more radiant skin. It's got a 5 out of 5 on Makeup Alley, so it must be very good!
My skin is quite good at the moment, with few spots appearing (god bless acne medication), so I'm seriously considering this kit to even out my complexion and get rid of some scarring and hyperpigmentation left behind by my acne.


Has anyone used any of these two products? If you have leave me a comment with your thoughts, it'll help make up my mind about which I should get! Which will probably be both, my poor wallet...

No comments:

Post a Comment