Tuesday 15 November 2011

La Roche Posay Effaclar 'Purifying Foaming Gel'.

I have always had a soft spot for La Roche Posay. They just seem so professional and I like the fact they seem to do a lot of research and have such a connection to dermatologists worldwide(click and see what I mean).
I bought a sun-cream from their 'Anthelios' range before and found it wonderful, but I've really wanting to try stuff from their other ranges, such as Effaclar, Lipikar, Hydraphase, Hydreane, Iso-Urea, Nutritic, Redermic, Rosaliac and Toleriane. This brand does cater for everyone!

This is a product from the Effaclar range, which is specifically designed for oily skin like mine.
I got inspired to look for better facial washes, since my sister has been prescribe Roaccutane, a really intense acne medication that can have some awful effects on the skin. I was after something that would clean skin, wouldn't irritate and wouldn't dry.



(sorry for the awful photos, cringe).


Now this product seems to cut the mustard.
The specific claims are 'EFFACLAR Gel can gently purifies the skin thanks to cleansing agents selected to respect sensitive skin. It may eliminate impurities and excess sebum while leaving the skin clean and fresh. With soothing, anti-irritant La Roche-Posay thermal spring water - pH 5.5'.
It does come out as a clear gel, which lathers up so quickly. The lather is incredibly soft and rich and it's almost like massaging little clouds into your skin, it just feels like an absolute dream on my face.
It is incredibly gentle and doesn't sting or cause any irritation, so I'd definitely agree with the claims the product states. Despite being so gentle and kind to skin, it does an amazing job of removing all the oil, dirt and makeup off of my skin, leaving it clean.
You only need a pea-sized amount for your whole face, and a little really does go far.

It's a little disheartening when products either are for oily skin or for irritated and sensitive skin. This is the only facial wash I've seen to combine the two together, so well done La Roche Posay!

It contains no parabens, colorants or alcohol, and it's soap-free, which are all good qualities to boast, and makes me feel a little bit happier when slapping it onto my face!

Now I bought this from Boots for £10.21, and I've had a wee nosey around and that's what price most places sell it.
It is practically double the price I've paid for brands such as 'Simple' and 'Garnier' and does seem a little bit expensive, but you get quite a big tube (200ml), and the product does seem to be a little bit nicer to my skin than the cheaper facial washes. Maybe it's a bit psychological and I've become a little bit of a beauty snob, but that's just my view on the matter.
However, it isn't the most expensive product out there, and in terms of price it's seems to be fairly middle of the road for my sort of budget. For the quality of the product, I'd say it's definitely worth the money, and it should last you a long time since you don't need to apply that much!

I definitely would buy this product again and after using Simple facial washes for very many months now, I think this product is my new staple!
I would certainly recommend it to people who, like me, have oily yet sensitive and irritated skin.

I'm very much looking forward to purchasing more from this brand and I hope that you give them a try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment