Friday 4 November 2011

Dermalogica's 'Antioxidant Hydramist'.

I tried this when I bought my mummy an Dermalogica 'AgeSmart' gift set. I was a little bit naughty and tried everything and fell in love with a couple of the products that came in the set, like the 'Antioxidant Hydramist'!

So the 'Antioxidant Hydramist'...I can't figure out what it is. It's like a serum, but in spray form. It is basically what it says on the tin, a hydrating mist choc-full of antioxidants.
You spray it on straight after cleansing and drying your face, and leave it to dry.
It takes ages to dry on me because I get so trigger-happy (pump-happy is more the term) and need to get my face absolutely dripping with the stuff. Not the most economical or sensible way to use it, because one or two sprays is definitely enough to get the benefits. When it dries you're skin definitely looks moisturised and hydrated, and I've noticed it makes my pores look smaller. Winning!
If I'm going to be venturing into the outside world I always put a day cream over the top, at the moment I'm using a Dermalogica one, but if it's an inside day I'll just leave it as it is.

You can also use it as a hydrating-over-makeup spritz. I tried it yesterday over a face full of makeup, and it was fine. A little shiny until it dries, and I had a few tiny foundation spots on my chin but it was a lot better than the result I was expecting (cue image of streaky make-up and running mascara).

I can't say I notice an effect in any fine lines or wrinkles (because my skin is peeling at the moment due to my medications and I don't have any fine lines or wrinkles, yet) but it does hydrate my skin and it feels protected if you get me, with a layer of juicy antioxidant goodness. As said before, my pores are visibly reduced which makes me very happy!




(Apologies for the poor photo quality, the lighting isn't fantastic in my room at 9:00 am!)

Overall, it's a really, really good product that I think will always have a place in my heart and in my make-up routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment