Sunday 6 November 2011

Eucerin Aquaphor.

I admit it, I love Eucerin and have stuck with the same old cream from the brand for months (I will review later!). But the other day I decided to go all out and get something from their range I haven't tried before, Aquaphor.

So, every week I slather myself in Retin-A to help clear my acne, redness and slight scarring. This medication is a very potent skin-drier and is basically a chemical peel, so I end up looking like a nasty peeling, red mess. So perfect timing to try out a product 'clinically proven help support skin's own regeneration process' and a cream for 'very dry of even cracked skin'.

It's a opaque balm, which goes onto skin really smoothly and feels amazingly gentle and soothing to my skin, which is very impressive. It even says it's gentle enough for use on babies.
99% of creams I have bought to calm and hydrate my skin have stung like hell and really not lived up to expectations, however the hydrating and calming properties of Aquaphor exceeded them.
However, it is very thick and is what I'd call a 'heavy-weight cream', and leaves you looking shiney and slightly greasy (like you would look after applying suncream). However, since I have worn it overnight (and will do so in the future) this is not an issue for me.

I put it on last night, and it resolved my flaky skin in eight hours. My skin is still sore and feels tight, but that's to be expected with the use of Retin-A. It excelled where other creams failed!




Another plus point is that it is cheaper than creams I've tried. I thought the more expensive, the better. I was wrong.
The Aquaphor balm is around £8 from Boots, which I thought was a really good price for something that does an amazing job of hydrating my skin.

It has no chemical fragrances, however it doesn't have a nasty smell. In fact, it didn't smell at all! It's also non-comedogenic (essential for my acne-prone skin) and only has 7 ingredients.

Overall, it definitely works and I love it.
I will always re-purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment