Wednesday 23 November 2011

Karin Herzog's 'Gel Glyco-Rose'

About the time of the Royal Wedding, a couple of articles (this one and this one) popped up on Elle.com, which mentioned that Kate was using Karin Herzog's products and visiting the spa for facials to make her even more beautiful ahead of her big day.
Now, me being a complete sucker for buying anything the celebrities use (I'm on a hunt for a Cetaphil face cleanser after hearing Scarlett Johansson uses it!), I thought I'd look into it.

So I forked out the money (£30.75 to be exact) and bought this product, which is unlike anything I've used before. I'm not really a face-mask person, although I should be. Too much faff!
On the website it did explain that due to the massive global demand for the brand's products, it would take about three weeks to arrive. When it finally came I was desperate to use it!

This product has loads of alleged benefits, some of which I'll rattle through here, but for a more descriptive outline of the product, you can find it here. It apparently prevents oxidation from free-radicals, stimulates collagen production and helps improve acne scarring. Anything which helps neutralise those pesky free-radz is a winner in my book! They totally freak me out.

It's designed as a sort of face mask, which I have used it as all the times I've used the products.
It is quite thick and gloopy, and looking at the gel it reminds me of really thick cough syrup.
You apply 2-3 drops onto your face and neck, leave it for 10 minutes and then remove with a warm wet cloth.
It goes on quite sticky and wet, and does seem still a teeny bit sticky and wet after the ten minutes, but when you wipe the product off, your skin feels dead soft, moisturised, clean and fresh. Winning!
The fragrance is something I'd describe as something between rose and lavender, and for some people I can imagine it being a little overpowering. But I love it, makes me feel dead girly when putting it on my face :)

However, on the product application section on the website you can leave it on and put cream on top, if you worry about things like facial scarring.
To be honest I haven't used it like that on my face, but I have (just this minute) put some on the back of my hand for a photo, and in about twenty minutes it has sunk into my skin, leaving no residue but the lovely lavender/rose fragrance. So I might just try that soon...
It does say on the website you have to leave it 30 minutes before you apply your cream over the top, so I assume that's the amount of time it takes to sink into your skin.






If I'm honest, my skin loves this product.
Especially when I'm using my medication, it calms and soothes my poor red skin. Skin definitely feels moisturised after using it, and although I haven't noticed any anti-ageing properties yet (I'm only 20, what am I expecting?!), I'm sure it's well needed nourishment, which is especially needed what with the freezing weather we have at the moment!
Even better, the little 30 ml bottle has lasted me for ages; since the Royal Wedding (you do the maths!).

I don't know if I would re-purchase, purely for the fact I wanna try more face masks out there, since they really seem to be the 'in thing' in skincare at the moment!
But if I was ever in doubt I would definitely revert back to this old favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment