Friday 18 November 2011

L'Oreal 'Everpure' review.

I found a little leaflet that came with the package the other day, and I didn't know that these products weren't even in the UK yet! They're from the US, and being tested on us guinea-pigs before they release them here. Impressive!

I have been using the shampoo and the conditioner for eight days now, and since I wash and condition my hair every day, I feel it's an adequate amount of time to have some sort of opinion about the products.

At the start, I was not impressed. I shampooed and conditioned as normal, which was advised by the email regarding the trial.
The shampoo smelt wonderful, however it did take a while to lather, and if I'm honest, it was a bit of a pathetic lather.
I needed a lot of conditioner, and found it didn't really spread.
Normally before I blow-dry my hair I apply some Salon Straight Blow Dry Cream by Umberto Gianni, and today I didn't. I wanted to get a feel for the shampoo and conditioner by itself.
It made my hair feel clean, but also made it look very frizzy and fluffy after I blowdried it. It calmed down after a while, but still, FRIZZY AND FLUFFY?! I don't want!


However, I think I must have had my shower half asleep or been completely stupid, because the few days afterwards I found it lathered up nicely and the conditioner spread nicely. Also the weather recently has been bloody awful. Misty weather means nasty hair, no matter what hair products you use on it!
Also, for the first few days I think my hair was just trying to get used to the new products, and plus on the first day I blow-dried without my usual straightening cream, which I never normally do.
When I did use my Umberto Gianni cream after shampooing and conditioning my hair with the products, my hair was fantastic after blow-drying it. It was smooth and sleek, and was lovely! No frizz or anything!

I also like how the conditioner doesn't leave your hair feeling heavy, or greasy afterwards, which I have found with some brands, so that makes me smile!

Overall, I'm pleased that I had the opportunity to trial these products before they hit the UK!
I think all the bad points were the fact that my hair just had to get used to them, and the fact that I obviously need some heat protecting cream, because it's been a wonder!

don't know if I would re-purchase. If I'm honest, I just tend to buy supermarket own-brand shampoo and conditioner and am happy with doing that.
I also don't know how much this would go on sale for in the UK, but I'm guessing it's either going to be expensive or salon-exclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment