Wednesday 21 December 2011

Me and my acne; Week 2/3 update.

Well, I have been struggling a little. After I came off my period, my spots decided to stay and not recede. I'm getting quite a few small red ones on my forehead like I had before I went onto medication, and I'm getting a few on my cheeks. The ones appearing on my cheeks are quite big and full of pus (I hate that word).
I'm trying not to get down about it, considering it is not that bad as it was in the summer, however I think this is due to the fact that it's not summer and I'm not trying to cover myself head to foot in suncream and not sweating in the heat.
I'm still using my Retin-A three times a week overnight, so I think that really helps sort of bring the nasties out and get rid of them, and 'dry' the spots I already have out.

Also, not yesterday the day before I actually took the skin off my forehead, leaving a nice big area of rawness and soreness (OMG it rhymes!). Partly to do with the use of Retin-A and a new facial brush. As you can tell, NEVER using the two in combination ever again!
In a morbid and quite gross way, it's been really fascinating to see it heal over and get better. Eucerin 'Aquaphor' has been my knight in shining armour (click here and here to hear me blab on about how great it is). Therefore worrying about spots and pimples has not been my priority, it's been treating my skin to incredible amounts of TLC. It sounds really gross, but I think that I may have taken a few spots with it when the skin was taken off (I did say it was really gross!). It's healing really nicely, although I'm not exfoliating for another week or so just to give my skin a break. I know, it's killing me. I hate not exfoliating (either chemically or using physical exfoliators), it just makes me feel dirty.

So yeah, just an update to say the spots seem to be slowly coming back, but not horrendously. However, there is plenty of time yet. Fingers crossed nothing happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment